Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dragonfly Jubilee

Dragonflies are one of my favorite animals.  It is said that they represent the opening of one's eyes and focusing on living in the moment.  Not so different from when we do our makeup, no?  Especially if we're trying something new and intimidating.

Here in GreenSwamp we get them in all colors.  I've even seen a purple one or two.  My favorite will always be the ones who have a green abdomen and blue thorax.  The way the sun hits them when they're on a flower or darting into the water is breathtaking and relaxing.

Assemble your products.  MSC is having a color of the weeek on Jubilee is the color of the week this week.  The dragonflu look that I do has been one of my favorites for a LONG time, and Jubilee is in the front of my favorite drawer.  This is a perfect example of the versatility of the color in case you were doubting buying it. NYX Shadow base in white, UDPP, black glitter liner from WnW, Maybelline clear mascara, and WnW MegaPLUMP mascara.

Om nom nom, tasty brushes.


Apply the NYX Shadow base

Lay on the Lotus Bloom pretty thick.  Remember, pat not swipe.

Same with the Waffle down the middle of your eye.  Pat, don't swipe.

This is Jubilee. I was desperately trying to show you the amazing sparkle it has in it.

A better, blurrier picture that showcases all that glitz.

Now, using the patting method, bring the Jubilee across your crease and down to the outer V of your eye.

Before you blend, go ahead and tightline your eyes with the black pencil.  This was a cheap WnW pencil, and the only one I have EVER been able to get to work on my waterlines.

Now use the large floofy domed brush and blend.  Lotus out to Jubilee, and then Jubilee down from the crease

Add a swipe of Silver Haze to your orbital bone for highlight.

Using the clear mascara, make up some eyeliner with your Timewarp.  Use it to line the lash beds on top and bottom





I swear I'm not naked in those photos, my sweater is just huge.  I hope you enjoyed this look, and you try it yourself.  Stay Madd, darlings!

1 comment: