Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dirty little secrets.

So, we all know that in the real world, no one is able to hold up all of their parenting and life ideals all of the time.  It's the human condition - none of us are perfect.

I'd like this post to be a load-lightening confessional for all of you, dear readers.  I'll get the ball rolling.

-I let my pre-schooler and my infant watch TV.  There, I said it.  We pick things we can watch and enjoy together, and damnit, we sit our butts on the couch and watch.  Admittedly, my infant is just in it for the pretty colors, but still.

-I still use paper and plastic sometimes.  Big Shame on this one, but I can't always remember to put my reusable shopping bags back into the car.

-My kiddo and I indulge in the occasional McNugget Happy Meal with sweet and sour sauce.  Too many fond memories from my childhood and my mother doing the same thing with me.  I want her (and eventually Bug,) to have those same memories.

-I rarely get a chance to use moisturizer on my face or brush my teeth after every meal.  In fact, the teeth brushing is usually only once a day.

-As much as I dislike Big Corporate, I shop at Wal-Mart almost exclusively for non-grocery items.  The explanation for this one is very simple and can be summed up in two words: 24 hours.

So come on, readers.  Get yours out there, this is a post free of judgment and disdain.

3 comments:

  1. I forget my reusable bags 70% of the time.
    I share a toothbrush with SD because SB lost our other one. And I haven't brushed my teeth today.
    We watch tv too!
    I'm a huge fan of wearing jeans so I don't have to shave my legs also :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://catuncaged.blogspot.com/2010/03/confessional.html

    Hey I don't shave my legs either lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. my 2 year old has a tv in her room.
    my 1 year old only likes sweets.
    I only brush my teeth once a day.
    i yell too much.
    I bribe my kids to get them to listen to me.

    ReplyDelete