Thursday, January 12, 2012

Why didn't *I* think of that?

So, I have a problem.  I don't like to buy new.  In fact, it's almost an OCD issue - I start to think about all of the things out there that are discarded for no reason when they can mostly be re-used, and I get this huge Catholic guilt wave that knocks me flat on my ass.  I won't buy a new car, I won't have a home built new, hell... even my pets are recycled, if you know what I mean. (I <3 Shelter Animals!)

I was given a bundle of cloth diapers from Cuntasaurus Rex some time ago, and while externally they appeared pretty sound, the elastic was shot in some and the PUL in others.  I suspect she EC'd because she was both lazy and didn't know how to care for cloth.

Crying at the thought of replenishing an already small stash, I did what any cloth mama would - I turned them into fitteds and bought hella cute covers.

What have YOU upcycled for your little ones lately/?

No comments:

Post a Comment