Monday, May 24, 2010

Make-up Monday!

Okay, so we've had Bloggers in the Buff - a day when we revealed our "true" selves to the internet, bared all of our wrinkles and imperfections for all to see.

I'm not ashamed to say that I am "in the buff" pretty much every day.  It's rare to see me in a picture where I'm actually wearing "nice" clothes, have my hair done, or have make-up on.

Because I feel that those things are also a facet of my personality, I propose this:  For those of you who are like me and rarely get to show off your "cleaned up" side, go ahead and post it today.  Don't guilt about feeling vain for it, because you're not.  You deserve to show off that side of you, and no one will judge you for getting made up specifically for this.  Technically, I'm prompting you to do it because I think you deserve to feel pampered for a few minutes (Yes, I'm projecting here,) but we'll say it's in the name of the Meme, just for further justification. :)  I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

So, here it is: Makeup Monday.  I'm going to cheat and post the pictures I took of myself this weekend.  I had a wedding to attend, and damn did my makeup look fabulous! I even did my manicure myself, and I wore the single cutest pair of shoes ever.












And, here's Kinder Major, since she was so pleased with her dress and hair, too!

3 comments:

  1. I don't even know how to wear makeup, personally. Perhaps at 30 this is a skill I should eventually pick up, especially what with being on the job market and all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look really sweet! I managed to miss the bloggers in the buff -- like you that's the more common for me, despite that fact that I feel more confident and awesome when I take time to look nice.

    I may get in on both of these late next week, though, after the move is all said and done. O_O!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauteous! Love Kinder's hair doohickey.

    ReplyDelete