Friday, May 14, 2010

Things-that-are-awesome Thursday!

Okay, I'm late.  I had an incident yesterday that needed tending to; I promise, it was all for a good reason.

This week, we are featuring Jen over at Amarook Art!  She specializes in pyrography, and is amaaaazing at what she does.

I commissioned a piece from her not too long ago for MMC Designs, Farm and Kennels, which is actually AccidentallyMommy's business.  (Well, the designs bit.  Right now the farm and kennels are closed.  When they're open, I specialize in off-track thoroughbreds and standardbreds, and dobermans.)

Check out the awesome she made for me!!!!!

Now, it's hard to tell, but the edge is painted in my business colors: purple, with a stripe of green.  The wording and images are all burned into the wood.  All of this is sealed in an indoor/outdoor quality wood sealant.

I'm a pretty demanding customer, and I am more than happy to report that she far exceeded my normal criteria for something I'm willing to give a positive review on.  Additionally, Jen is great about maintaining contact through the process, and also sends status updates as she's working.

My images were standard stock silhouettes, but she also does custom work (with very realistic detailing,) from your photographs.  Go check out her blog and see for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment